Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Mrs. Wilson's 2nd grade :)


Here is my classroom as you walk in.  I only had about three days to get my classroom ready, so this is what I have.  I keep thinking I will have time to work more on it, but that just isn't happening right now.  


I did however finally get all my materials in-as of today! - The school wasn't going to have four 2nd grade classrooms until the last minute- less than a week before school started.  Therefore all my teaching materials for the reading and math programs that we use did not exist.  But two and a half weeks in, I got everything!



Stations- my counter doesn't look so bare anymore...



So I know this is lame, but it was the coolest thing to me to have my name on a phone :)




Now it is time to brag about my awesome kids!  So when the students go to PE or library the teacher will give them a number 1-4.  1 being so terrible that they get sent back to class, and 4 being EXCELLENT.  My students came back from library on Thursday with a 2.  I was really upset about this.  We talked about it as a class and let them know that a 2 was unacceptable.  So Friday they went to PE and came back with 4!!!!  The PE teacher said that they were the first class to get a 4 and they really earned it!  I don't know who was more happy, the kids or me!


Don't mind the mess, you guys know me.  But despite the mess, my class won the "golden plunger" award!!  This means that our classroom was the cleanest in the whole building all week!  Even though this may come as a surprise to most of you- I can keep a clean room :)


Hope you enjoyed!



2 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you're a teacher now! I bet you're the best teacher. Sure miss you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so exciting. I hope your year is full of 4s and golden plungers :)

    ReplyDelete