Sunday, September 16, 2012

Only in Idaho

So this last Friday, the Farm Bureau came to Burton Elementary and they talked about farming. They talked about wheat and the process it goes through to actually make food- then the kids got to grind wheat themselves! I was actually VERY impressed with how much these kids knew about the farming pocess and equipment!
 
 
 
 
They also talked to us about cows! Did you know that one milking cow will produce 8-9 gallons of milk per DAY?!? Then the kids got to milk a life size cow! It was pretty exciting.
 
 
 
And to top things off they got to eat pancakes made from the wheat they grinded!
 
 
And just because I know you were wondering...my class got yet another 4 in PE this last week!  And they continue to get 3's in library, which I am pretty happy with!

Oh and this week I am totally committed to finishing decorating my room.  So look forward to pictures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment